We'd like to introduce the Dynamic I/O controller (DyIO)! It's our first product and, oddly enough, it's the first commercially available piece of hardware to support the Bowler Communication System (BCS). We are currently working on the final touches for supplying them to our online store, however, we have already sold to a few clients directly. For more information on the DyIO, check out the products page or if you're interested in getting one early, email email@example.comContinue reading
President Robert Breznak and I attended Mass Inno together again, and it was a blast as usual. Thank you again to our wonderful hostess, Bobbie Carlton. How does she do it?
We got to talk about our TEDxBoston pre-adventure, of course.
Since I've been coming since December of 2009, it's often an opportunity to see old friends, and meet new ones. #MIN16 was no exception.
We met the following people:
- Joe Baz of Above the Fold - he is a User Experience Designer - I should've talked to him about Ultimate Frisbee!
- Kristin Brenna of 603 Clothing - they make environmentally friendly custom tee shirts, etc.
- James Brennan - who gave us some great quick business advice
- John Hopkins - who gave us some terrific fast financial words of wisdom
- Jonathan Margalit of Innocentive - they work with around the globe brainpower to solve problems
- Stephen Potischman of Real Cool TV Productions - they make beautiful web videos
- Lalitha Ramakrishnan of LSR Associates - they are a translating service, both written and spoken, and
- Christopher Temper of Baystate Financial Services - he of course provides financial services advice.
Mass Inno would not be complete without its presentations.
First up was Stephen Potischman of Real Cool TV Productions, which I've mentioned above. Second was Acquia Drupal Gardens - they help make the Open Source community software, Drupal, easier and better to use. Third was Episend - they make it easy to send nontext messages through Twitter and Facebook, etc. E. g. you can send images, files, mp3s and the like. Last was Pietzo Electric Bicycles - the presenter even rode in on one! They are a way to be green and bike to work without one major complaint people have -- breaking a sweat in their nice work clothes on a super-hot day (this was the middle of a heat wave, so it was a rather timely presentation).
Mass Inno is also an occasion to see familiar faces. We saw:
- Eric Braun of TeamShare Solutions - they are opening up a South Short Innovation space
- Braulio Carreno - he is a part of the Anything Goes Lab within the Cambridge Innovation Center
- Danielle Galmore of Steelcase/Turnstone Furniture - they make (among many other things) funky modular work furniture
- Dave Fogel of Swifton CFOs - they outsource the senior financial level for emerging businesses
- Allison Friedman of Rate it Green, a service whereby you can check whether a company's claims of being environmentally friendly are really the case
- Paul Geffen of The Founder Institute - they provide a means for company founders to get together and exchange equity
- Ben Hron of VC Ready Law - I'm sure Mike Cohen was around somewhere, too
- Rama Nandiwada of IT Shore, her company provides scalable software solutions. She's been an expert at Mass Inno!
- Rich Sands of R Sands Consulting - he provides strategic marketing for platform adoption
- Masoud Shadravan - he's a software engineer looking for a new gig
- Christine Sierra of Lexalytics - they provide sentiment and text analysis solutions, and
- Marcia Weiss of Collaborative Partners in Leadership - they work with executives to improve their leadership skills, communication and relationship strengths and teamwork capacity.
Whew! I think I covered everyone. It was an unexpectedly busy evening -- you would think that people would be away for the Summer. Instead, we found a ready audience for showing off the DyIO and talking about our event, #NRBR.
We always have fun at Mass Inno. I hope we can present there ourselves one day! Continue reading
Posts by Tags
Award BCS Bowler Communications System Cambridge Robotics Demo DyIO Educational robots Intellectual Property iRobot Create LinkedIn Maker Faire Maker Faire RI Mass Inno Mass Innovation Modules Neuron Robotics News Presentation Products Projects Providence Robotics Robotic art Robotics Community Robotics Companies Somerville Robotics Talk TEDxBoston TEDxBoston 2010 Waltham Robotics Worcester Robotics WPI